Good to know: In total there is circa. $1.45B TVL in Derivates protocols. The majority of this TVL is held between two Protocols GMX & DYDX which account for 72% of the total.

The remaining 28% is shared amongst 85 Perpetual Protocols across numerous L1 and L2, thus leading to liquidity fragmentation.

In this Litepaper we explore the advantages of Tide and how an omnichain approach will seek to unify a $1.2Trillion market.

(i) Data correct as of 18 April 2023. Source: Token Terminal, DeFiLlama

Fragmented liquidity is a common problem in the world of decentralized exchanges, particularly for perpetual swaps. In fact, a whopping 72% of the $1.45Billion Total Value Locked (TVL) in derivative protocols is concentrated in just two platforms: GMX and DYDX. This leaves the remaining 28% of liquidity to be spread out across 85 other perp DEX protocols. This leads to issues such as slippage, poor trade execution, and price impact, especially for high leverage, large orders.

Tide Exchange, is an omnichain protocol designed to address fragmented liquidity for perpetual swaps. Built on LayerZero for interoperability, Tide offers a decentralized and scalable trading platform with optimized trading costs, deep liquidity, and up to 150x leverage.

The Tide DEX platform offers leveraged trading and a perp DEX aggregator, all on a decentralized platform. Connecting a $1.2Trillion market supporting currently, Arbitrum, AVAX, BASE, BNBChain, Optimism and soon ZKSync & Polygon.

Guides: Jump right in

Follow our handy guides to get started on the basics as quickly as possible:

Elevator Pitch

Good to know: your product docs aren't just a reference of all your features! use them to encourage folks to perform certain actions and discover the value in your product.

Fundamentals: Dive a little deeper

Learn the fundamentals of Tide to get a deeper understanding of our main features:

Tide DAO VenturesTide ExchangeSDK

Good to know: Please read through all the content within this Whitepaper if you do have any questions please ensure you visit FAQ's

Last updated